Tuesday 24th October | Time - 16:00 – Register attendance interest here
The digital era has brought forth unprecedented opportunities and challenges, particularly in the realm of public discourse and democratic participation. As the digital public space continues to evolve, EU policymakers are keen on exploring solutions and policies to address low turnout in European elections and foster stronger connections with European citizens.
At this event we will delve into the complex landscape of the digital public space, examining the rights and risks it presents while assessing how European policymakers are responding. Pierre Devoize, Chair of IAB Europe’s Policy Committee will be our event host.
The event will kick off with an insightful keynote address by Věra Jourová, Vice President of the European Commission for Values and Transparency.
The event will follow with two thought-provoking panels:
- Panel 1: Citizens' Rights in the Digital Public Space: This panel will explore the crucial aspects of the "right to freedom of expression and information" and "media pluralism" within the digital public space. We will discuss how to safeguard these rights and what role the digital advertising industry should play in delivering on this.
- Anna Herold, Head of Unit for audiovisual and media services policy at the European Commission.
- Petra Wikström, Senior Director of Public Policy, Schibsted
- Julie Majerczak, Reporters without Borders (RSF), Head of EU office
- Rhys Noelke, Chief Data Officer and Group Lead Tech & Data, Bertelsmann
- Panel 2: Challenges Posed by the Digital Public Space: In this panel, we will address the pressing challenges posed by the digital public space, with a particular focus on disinformation and media literacy. Our panelists will explore the geopolitical and economic dynamics that drive how EU policymakers and the digital advertising industry are responding to these challenges.
- Sabrina Spieleder, Team Leader Policy, Strategy and Global Priority Issues – Strategic Communication, Task Forces and Information Analysis Division – European External Action Service
- Alex Thomas, Director, Brand Safety / Responsible Investment, GroupM EMEA
- Nick Welch, Head of Programmatic, Integral Ads Science
- Carlos Hernández Echevarría, Head of Public Policy & Institutional Development, Maldita.es
Spaces are limited so be sure to register your interest for a space today. Please note spaces are not guaranteed and confirmation will be sent to successful individuals.